Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stupid ideas for the server

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Short_Bus

Default stupid ideas for the server

GG keep scores for 1-6 months before reseting them, and if you have the high score for the month or 6 months you get a high score skin. Add pyro nads! please

depository

I love this idea shortbus.

My only issue would be to how the admins would go about giving non-admin players a skin..they would have to login somehow. I don't know if this is possible, someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.

It'd give players an actual desire to play the game more, and do well. There is another issue however with the scoring on the gungame server. The game doesn't reward knifing and winning point-wise very much, and when you get near the top 20 in the scores, you lose points like crazy if some random comes in and owns everyone. Though this can't be helped, if someone were to actually implement a system to where points MATTERED, then a point balance should be in order..

Ryan

I like the idea.

Though I have a small problem with the current point system.

Once i get above 5 thousand points I have to keep a 3.0 ratio to just stay even on the server (depends on who is on the server). I commonly keep a 3.0 ratio until i get to grenade level and get raped for points while I am using the glock. The last round I remember playing i was 42 and 15 and I had lost 68 points when I finally won. I am far from the best player, but winning a game with a 2.8 ratio should be worth coming away with a positive amount of points rather than negative.

Also, many people have done 10 damage or less to me and received 25 points for killing me when they surely did not deserve the points.

Maybe the multipliers could be played around with and maybe implement a system where by it compares the players weapons (glock vs ak47 is not an even fight) weighs the damage done with the weapon used against the enemies weapon to arrive at a fair value. However, since that may add a fair amount of extra stress to the server, a simple solution might be to change the glock's multiplier to a much higher value when on level 23?

or consider giving level 23 a p228 rather than a glock

Maybe I have put too much thought into it

It is just not too fun to lose points when you have an above average ratio, or only getting 2 points for killing someone with a glock when they had an automatic weapon.

depository

That'd be way too complicated Ryan. All that needs to be done is to correct some of the simple things:

-Increasing the weapon point modifier for the knife, so knifing is more necessary than just being a gunwhore to get points. That's why gunwhores almost always are high on the rankings.
    -Decrease the amount of points that lower rankings get for killing you, but not by much. This way, there is still a balance in the system, so that to keep a high ranking you have to kill a fair amount per game, but like Ryan is saying, it's ridiculous when you do very well and still lose points.
    -Award more points for winning. I've noticed that some people, even some of the regulars, don't even try to win. It costs points to be on nade level for so long, and without a real incentive to win, people leave.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by depository
    That'd be way too complicated Ryan. All that needs to be done is to correct some of the simple things:

-Increasing the weapon point modifier for the knife, so knifing is more necessary than just being a gunwhore to get points. That's why gunwhores almost always are high on the rankings.
    -Decrease the amount of points that lower rankings get for killing you, but not by much. This way, there is still a balance in the system, so that to keep a high ranking you have to kill a fair amount per game, but like Ryan is saying, it's ridiculous when you do very well and still lose points.
    -Award more points for winning. I've noticed that some people, even some of the regulars, don't even try to win. It costs points to be on nade level for so long, and without a real incentive to win, people leave.
    I agree.

It is hard to maintain my position on the !top board, and stay on the top10 board. If I gunwhore every round I keep my good ratio but I rarely win. If I knife like crazy and get to grenade and/or knife my points drop rapidly but I can usually squeeze in another win.

I like it as 1 month.

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Making there be winnable skins is very easy and has already been done for ZM for a few months. There are no problems with the execution of this. Different points for different guns is out of my league though. The Jr.Owners would have to decide how they'd want to award skins or whatever. But yea it is possible.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

N/U Commando
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19135140

im cool with it but i think the glock should b changed 2 a p228 or a 57 & the nades should give a higher level of damage

depository

I'm kind of used to having a glock when on nade level; plus, I usually use another gun anyway, if I see one on the ground... I don't mind having the glock, it's just that by the time I'm on nade, there are bigger and better guns being used against you. You can't really do anything..even if you had a p2, it'd still be difficult to not die a lot at that point. This is where the "SORRY YOU JUST GOT SHOT IN THE HEAD BY A RANDOM, -4958 POINTS" issue comes up.

But anyways, glad to hear that this is actually possible, I didn't know that natalya

B-Rabbit

i agree that you should keep the glock on lvl 23 but i def think that the glock on nade level should hav a higher multiplyer, by the time ur on nade everyone else is at least on sub-machine guns.<America>

Thread Information