Today work was completed at the new BP station. After causing an oil spill on the south coast they decided they ought to move their new businesses out west where people weren't as familiar with them. They also figured that if they didn't write BP on the gas station, customers might not know it was them just by their sun logo. In any case, the station is now open for business. It has 8 pumps and looks state of the art. (It's seriously 100 times as beautiful as the one that was by the highway in older versions of the map.)

Bank of the West installed a new sign on their local branch, and traffic lights were installed at the corner of Natalya Avenue and Desert Rock Road. Unfortunately, only two of the lights work. The city will have to get that fixed later.

Also, some random-ass mountains just appeared out of nowhere. How or why did this happen? Nobody knows. But it's not a big deal because the field that was there before looked like shit anyway. This new natural barrier between the city and the industrial section suddenly made the Maaco an attractive hideout for the city gangs -- it's far from City Hall and you can see anyone coming because they have to use the road now.

The pool also cleaned out their water. Well, sort-of. It still looks kind-of muddy, but it's much nicer now than it was before.

--------------------------------------

The changes to the map reflect a new direction I'm taking with it. In Alpha 08 you saw the new mountains where the highway used to be which cut off a big chunk of the map. Well, now there is more of that. This geographical separation will continue in future versions because the wide flat open spaces limited development possibilities. With this new method, it opens up opportunity for me to add new areas far from the downtown. This way there will be a combination of city life and work, suburban residences, and industrial jobs outside of town. Cars will become more important and the map will be given the opportunity to grow.

You will find I made only two bug fixes this time around. (Sidewalk and the pool...) beta_03 will need to have many more. If you see map problems please post them here. I already have a few. I'll make a list so that the next time I work on it I can fix them all.

Bugs:
- Traffic Lights
- Shadows on Bank of the West
- Shadows on top of BP
- City Hall Fence
- Hotel Roof Glitched