Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stupid ideas for the server

Short_Bus

easy fix for the points system gun kill=5 points knife=10 points nade=8 points no matter the rank of the player

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

I think the idea of putting a reward out there for the top regs would be cool. Hell, I could even try to make a skin for it unless nat has some more cool ones laying around.

Apart from just top ranking person you could incorporate / mix up monthly contests... maybe do like a knife king or like a nade king competition... If you goto the hlstatsx page for GG server there is a veritable wealth of information, could be cool to mix things up like that too. Contests could be made out of anything on there... kdr, played time, accuracy, etc. May be fun to mix it up.

Also, I think you can customize (weight) weapons in statsx (although, I don't think you could do like a 1X modifier for glock level and then 1.5X modifier for glock when your on nade level) but I'm not sure if that would bring any good change.

And lastly, I kinda like the variable point swings by level. I think it keeps it competitive (I know, all of the regs want 10K+ scores and it sucks when the guy that just broke the 50 kill buffer ganks 20pts from you), but I think it helps the good player that comes in mid month have a chance as well as keeps the n00bs at least trying... and come on, what were you doing getting killed by a n00b? (I know... he just got the last shot) Plus I think it might help keep the ranks based more around skill than played time...

Short_Bus

I still would like to see stronger nades.

depository

Stronger nades are a no-no. Everyone in this server starts with 100 kevlar + helmet currently. To increase the damage on the nades would be to take away the helmet possibly..but what's the point of increasing the damage on nades when it actually takes some sort of technique to getting nade kills? That takes away the challenge.

And as we all know, I love a challenge

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

/agree

Nade level can be a bitch, but that makes it fun.

Also, if some bastard like depo is ahead of you, it gives you a chance to catch up while he fails for a few rounds on nade.

chrisbeebops

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    I like the idea.

Though I have a small problem with the current point system.

Once i get above 5 thousand points I have to keep a 3.0 ratio to just stay even on the server (depends on who is on the server). I commonly keep a 3.0 ratio until i get to grenade level and get raped for points while I am using the glock. The last round I remember playing i was 42 and 15 and I had lost 68 points when I finally won. I am far from the best player, but winning a game with a 2.8 ratio should be worth coming away with a positive amount of points rather than negative.

Also, many people have done 10 damage or less to me and received 25 points for killing me when they surely did not deserve the points.

Maybe the multipliers could be played around with and maybe implement a system where by it compares the players weapons (glock vs ak47 is not an even fight) weighs the damage done with the weapon used against the enemies weapon to arrive at a fair value. However, since that may add a fair amount of extra stress to the server, a simple solution might be to change the glock's multiplier to a much higher value when on level 23?

or consider giving level 23 a p228 rather than a glock

Maybe I have put too much thought into it

It is just not too fun to lose points when you have an above average ratio, or only getting 2 points for killing someone with a glock when they had an automatic weapon.
    I actually like the current rating system, though I would definitely like to see more points awarded for knife and grenade.

For a low rating person, doing well means you can rise quickly. You will continue (ideally) to rise until you get to about even with people of your level.

Time is a factor in rating, but you can only get so far up the ranks if you aren't great. If you take away the bonuses for killing someone with higher rating, it means the leaderboard will show whoever plays the most, instead of who is actually the best.

So what if you have to keep a 3.0 K/D Ratio in order to get and keep 5k rating? Everyone else does too. And anyone new to the server can (relatively) quickly work their way up the ranks to the same position if they can consistently do the same.

Also, I agree nade level should stay the same. Nade level is intentionally difficult, but is by no means impossible. You can always pick up someone elses weapon and continue getting kills.

depository

I have this sort of useful information, if it contributes to the conversation any:

This month of November, the stats were reset about a week into the month. It is now almost two weeks into the month, and I hadn't played GunGame at all for more than 10 minutes since the stats were reset. My score on the server before yesterday was around 1,100, very low compare to the rest of the server..my rank was around 150 or 200 if I remember correctly. I started actually playing yesterday and my score shot up; I went from rank whatever to rank 10 in just a day, just by playing for about 2 hours. I don't know if this says something about the rating system or just about me, but eh.

Also, drink, the nade level sure is aggravating when I'm on level 23 while people are still on pistols, and I end up losing.. lol. So you have a good point there.

t3h camper Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19397573

First off i like the ideas about players being rewarded at the end of the moth or whatever time is agreed upon and the rewards for top knife/nade/etc.

Second i find it very hard to believe that you would have a 3.0 kdr and losing a significant amount of points, i usually have a pretty good kdr and im gaining points even when someone takes 25 points for a lucky shot.

Im a little confused and i may be mistaken when someone said players are just trying to gun whore to keep a steady flow of points, but of the players in the top 10 in points and wins i could only see one or two people that isnt trying to win the game.

I also believe that the nades should stay where they are. I would say roughly 50-60% of my nade trows go for around 55-70 dmg, they may not get a kill but the opponent is now weak enough to glock or knife for another nade.

and depo if your on nade while the rest of the server is on pistols then your on the same boat as the rest of the server with your glock
    Last edited by Cogbern; 08-13-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: just adding stuff

Server *****istrator N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:16933477

Cool

Hell yeah, I love the idea of winning skins. Is it possible that if this does occur, that ALL the n\u servers could have this option? such as office,Mg,d2, and zm?
    [IMG]http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/nessav214/Onehit-1-1.jpg[/IMG]
    effshowٿ: you backstabber!
    onehit420: backstabber?
    effshowٿ: you started the orgie without me!
    [url=http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1642968][img]http://images.gameservers.com/image_13.gif[/img][/url]

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

ZM already has a skin contest. Office never will I think. Pasties doesn't want skins on there last I heard.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

Thread Information